EMMA HACK ART PRIZE 2017
|Terms and conditions|
Registration for Emma Hack Prize 2017 will be online from 1st October 2016 until midnight 3rd February 2017 AEST.
The Emma Hack Art Prize is acquisitive (Major prize only).
Artworks entered must meet the criteria to be eligible for judging. The organising committee reserve the right to deny works that do not meet the criteria at any time. If works are selected for exhibition but upon receipt do not meet the criteria they may be ineligible for judging.
All works must be for sale.
Only artists residing in South Australia are eligible for entry into the prize.
All entries must be original artworks completed solely by the entrant. See ‘entry Criteria’ for further details.
Artists may only enter one artwork.
Artworks must not exceed 1.6m x 1.6m (including frame where applicable). The size limit refers to the length of any one side, and does not refer to area or average.
All artworks entered must have been created between 1st January 2016 – 3rd February 2017.
All mediums are applicable.
Artworks entered must be available for exhibition for the duration of the Emma Hack Art Prize 19th February – 12th March, 2017.
Artworks selected for exhibition to be delivered to the exhibition venue on Sunday 19th February 2016 between 5-6pm
All costs associated with collection and transport of the artwork is the responsibility of the artist.
Responsibility, including taking out any insurance, for damage, loss or theft to the artwork remains with the artist.
All entrants consent to their work being reproduced without fee by the Emma Hack Art Prize, for the purpose of critical review, advertising and publicity, promotional materials and catalogues for the Emma Hack Art Prize 2017 and future events, and creating non-commercial archive and non-lending reference or database.
The otherwise use of images submitted is entirely at the discretion of the Emma Hack Art Prize.
Photocopies and photographs or other reproductions will not be accepted for judging.
Emma Hack Art Prize reserves the right to exhibit selected finalists work only.
All works submitted for exhibition must be clearly labelled on the reverse side with artist name and title of the work.
All works must be available for sale.
All works must be ready for hanging. Flat D rings to be placed at the back of the work, 10cm from the top edge of the piece. Please remove any other wire or hanging system as they may damage the work.
If Multimedia, a TV screen will be available to show finalists on.
If Sculpture, plinths will be supplied if required.
Any costs associated with securely preparing the works for hanging will be passed on to the artist.
Sales & Commission
- Artists to provide total retail price. The Emma Hack Art Prize will withhold 30% commission, of which 15% will be donated to a chosen charity of the Emma Hack Art Prize.
- If the artist is registered for GST the retail price must be GST inclusive.
- Prices cannot be altered after submission.
- The artist agrees and appoints Emma Hack Art Prize as the sole agent of all artwork entered for the duration of Emma Hack Art Prize 2017 otherwise arranged with their represented gallery.
- Selected finalists to be notified via email on 6th February 2017.
- Selected works to be delivered to the venue on Sunday 19th February 2016– artists are required to arrange delivery between 5-6pm.
- Collection of unsold worksSunday, 12th March, 2017 between 5-6pm, for return to the artist
- Exhibition dates 20th February – 12th March 2017
- Announcement of Prize Major Winner and Peoples Choice Saturday 11th March, at closing event.
- The Emma Hack Art Prize is a registered event of the Adelaide Fringe Festival, 2017
- Entry is $30 (incl GST)
- Entry fee includes pre selection judging, inclusion in the exhibitions if selected, administration and handling
- Entry fees are non refundable
- Entry fees to be paid by paypal or alternative as negotiated - to be outlined at registration.
- Emma Hack Art Prize is not bound to accept any entry and may, in its discretion, refuse an entry into the Emma Hack Art Prize.
- Emma Hack Art Prize. may, in its discretion, alter the Terms and Conditions of entry at any time.
- Artists are responsible for maintaining, at their own cost, all insurances necessary to cover the artwork(s) for damages, theft or loss during transport and delivery (to and from the event) and for the time the artwork is on exhibition and in the custody of Emma Hack Art Prize.
- Emma Hack Art Prize does not take responsibility for any damage, theft or loss of the artwork, including during transport and delivery (to and from the event) or for the time the artwork is on exhibition or in its custody.
- To the extent permitted by law, the artist releases the Emma Hack Art Prize and The Adelaide Festival Centre and their successors, officers, employees, contractors and agents from any action, claim, liability, cost, expense and damage suffered or incurred by the artist arising out of or in connection with an act or omission of the Emma Hack Art Prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the artist indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Emma Hack Art Prize and the exhibition venue and their successors, officers, employees, contractors and agents from any action, claim, liability, cost, expense and damage suffered or incurred by the Emma Hack Art Prize arising out of or in connection with an act or omission of the artist.
Stay up to date with Emma's latest exhibition news by subscribing: